Re: Installing avahi-daemon crashes kernel, corrupts filesystem

Jason Heeris <jason.heeris@gmail.com> writes:
> Should I recompile it with any kind of debugging information enabled,
> or does the Debian kernel already contain it?

It depends on the architecture and debian version. Please post a
proper bug report with reportbug that shows all the relevant version
information. Can you make this crash happen under an emulator like
qemu (hint: you can sudo chmod a+r /dev/hda && qemu -snapshot -hda
/dev/hda to temporarily test the current installation under qemu
without writing anything to disk).