Re: Installing avahi-daemon crashes kernel, corrupts filesystem

On 10/11/2010 09:59 PM, Jason Heeris wrote:
On 11 October 2010 18:36, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh<hmh@debian.org>  wrote:
[snip]

The box objected VERY HEAVILY to the ipv6 multicast operations trigerred by
avahi.

Given this, can you think of another way I might be able to trigger
the bug? If so, I might be able to do it without needing to reinstall
the system every time.

Without fixing the underlying bug, your box will be unusable (lots
of other stuff are likely to trigger the same problem).

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can do.

My 1st thought was whether you need IPv6...

--
Seek truth from facts.