Re: Debian Running Radius

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:44:51 +0100
"Jennie Kingsland" <Jennie.Kingsland@sunderland.gov.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Not sure if you can help with this one, I have searched Google and
> also your archives but cannot find an answer to my problem.

If you are running Freeradius, the problem with the start-up script is
the "-X" argument which should only be used for debugging. Also, your
log directory should be specified in the config
file, /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf and not the command line.
This would make your startup script command:

/usr/local/sbin/radiusd -d /usr/local/etc/raddb/

The big question is why compile radius from source? If you use the
Debian package for Freeradius, this is mostly done for you.

--
Bill Thompson
BillT@Mahagonny.com