Re: setting up mouse and keyboard for X11

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 20:31:34 +0200
lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 07:56:07PM +0200, lee wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > unfortunately, the configuration of mouse and keyboard for X11 has
> > changed, so they don´t work correctly anymore after a fresh
> > install.
> >
> > Now I need keyboard and mouse to work as they did before:
> >

> > Section "InputDevice"
> >     Identifier     "Mouse0"
> >     Driver         "mouse"
> >     Option         "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
> >     Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
> >     Option         "11"
> >     Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
> >     Option         "EmulateWheel" "True"
> >     Option         "EmulateWheelButton" "8"
> >     Option         "YAxisMapping" "4 5"
> >     Option         "EmulateWheelClickToo" "0"
> > EndSection
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >     Identifier     "Keyboard0"
> >     Driver         "kbd"
> >     Option         "XKBOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"
> >     Option         "XkbModel" "pc102"
> >     Option         "XkbLayout"   "de"
> > EndSection
> >
> > How do I tell the x-server that I have a keyboard with 102 keys? How
> > do I make it so that the trackball emulates a mouse wheel again?
>
> Ok, I was able to enable the wheel emulation with
>

>   xinput -set-prop "PS2++ Logitech TrackMan" "Evdev Wheel Emulation
> Button" 8
>

> How do I make it so that it´s set up automatically?
>
> The problem with the keyboard remains ...

that's strange - your xconfig file looks like it's set-up correctly and
that you wouldn't need the xinput.

did you restart the x-server ?

I would do a little more research on the x-config file.  that's really
where you want the set-up to live.

I used commands in my .xsesssion file to do that sort of thing, but I'm
not running an "environment", so if you are running gnome or kde
desktop, I don't know what you would need to do.

It really should be part of the xconfig file...

 Brian