Re: Pdf Font hardly legible

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 02:32:57 +0200, Memnon Anon wrote:

> I've been using xpdf for a looong time, and I never had a problem,
> except that it can be a bit slow on my old machine.
>
> So today, I tested evince and epdfview, but some pdfs (all from the same
> source) which are perfectly fine in xpdf are hardly legible.

(...)

Install MS TrueType fonts (copy/paste .ttf files from a windows system)
and you are done.

For people working in design business, arbitrarily font replacing/
substitution is a "no-no". When a designer say "this block of text has to
be Arial, 8pt" as soon as you replace the font with Tahoma (for example)
it could render the whole document in a wrong way.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón