Re: Pdf Font hardly legible

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> On 10/09/2010 09:00 PM, Memnon Anon wrote:
>> Pdf has its benefits, but I really don't understand why displaying text
>> has to freak out my notebook more than basically anything else I am
>> doing, even with xpdf :(
>>

> What WM/DE do you use?

I do basically everything with
Emacs/Ratpoison/Conkeror/mplayer.

Irc/Jabber with bitlbee+erc, surfing with Conkeror, Mail+News with gnus,
latex with auctex ...

Nothing brings this machine down like a large or complex pdf.

pdftotext is not really a solution.

I guess I will add some more ram soon.

Funny, I used to say: "Hey, I need to update my machine: Doom 2 is too
slow!" and it made sense. Now, its: "Uh, I need to upgrade, viewing 3
papers at the same time for my theses is too slow?!".

I wish jstor.org offered download as plain text or html, but at least
its not doc :).

Memnon