Re: cifs share is not mounted during boot

On 10/06/2010 09:52 PM, Eero Volotinen wrote:
>>> mount by shell with these options is success?
>>> Po
>> Mounting by shell using these options succeeds, as well as with mount -a.
>> As I wrote in another reply, I'm baffled by the fact that on a freshly
>> installed system, auto mounting during boot works...
> Nice problem, maybe you can hack some debug info into init script that
> is mounting  cifs on boot?

Did that and I think I found the root of the problem.

A. freshly installed debian

/etc/default/rcS -> ASYNCMOUNTNFS=yes (default)
(OK, cifs share mounted)

/etc/default/rcS -> ASYNCMOUNTNFS=no
(no network still - ok, logical)

B. my machine

/etc/default/rcS -> ASYNCMOUNTNFS=yes (default)
mount.cifs never gets called!!!

/etc/default/rcS -> ASYNCMOUNTNFS=no
(no network still - also logical)

I experimented with ASYNCMOUNTNFS but found that it should be left alone
to its default -> YES.
So, at the bottom line, /sbin/ifup which eventually mounts cifs shares
never gets called at my machine.  And then it occured to me: I'm using
wicd which is known (http://goo.gl/8Ysf) to not call ifup scripts. So
I'm either going to get rid of wicd, or get wicd scripts options call
mount -a...