cifs share is not mounted during boot

Hello to all!

I have this cif share in my /etc/fstab which is not mounted during boot
and I can't figure out why:

//myserver/myData/data1             /media/cifs-shares/dat1
0       3

After boot, giving a "mount -a" as root mounts it without problem. It is
not a matter of the credential file not being available during boot:
Even with the credentials supplied in /etc/fstab directly the share is
not mounted and nothing ever get logged.

I'm running updated debian squeeze and would appreciate some help!