Re: Install Office 2007 under 64 bit Wine

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 09:39:15 +0200, Klistvud wrote:

>> I'm having problem installing Ms Office 2007 under Wine on AMD64 box --
>> when I click the install button I get an endless list of errors in the
>> terminal, mainly to do with things being unimplemented. And the install
>> progress bar *never progress*.
>
> Have you tried renaming temporarily your ~/.wine to ~/.wine.old prior to
> installing MS Office? . . .

No I didn't have ~/.wine before. A default profile was created the first
time I launched Wine. And every time I repeat my installation, I just
remove ~/.wine beforehand.

> Also, it all "may" depend on which flavor of Windows (XP/Vista/2008...)
> you select in Wine Settings.

I was following

Install MS Office 2007 in Linux
http://www.quicktweaks.com/2008/04/09/install-ms-office-2007-in-linux/

So I chose Vista.

>> All other distros seems to be fine, as early as more than 2 years ago:
>
> That was my attitude too, until I discovered that a freshly installed
> Debian was fine too;

Yes, this is a freshly installed Debian as well, using Squeeze/Sid.

 $ apt-cache policy wine
 wine:
  Installed: 1.0.1-3
  Candidate: 1.0.1-3