Re: Printing - CUPS and Canon laser printer

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 12:12:19 +1100, Rob Hurle wrote:

(...)

> this printer as it uses CAPT, the Canon printer driver.  The software
> provided by Canon puts "pstocapt3" in /usr/lib/cups/filter.  I notice
> that there is a report of /usr/lib/cups/filter/pstocapt3 and
> /usr/lib/cups/backend/socket both being killed by a 9 signal in
> /var/log/kern.log.  I wonder what this means?

That means nothing good (meaning: Canon driver has some trouble) :-(

If the printer is using PCL6, add another new printer to Cups and select
"pxlcolor" for the driver, (generic PCL6 color) just to test if that
works and thus avoiding the use of the Canon filter.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón