Re: A simple GUI volume control tool for fluxbox
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: A simple GUI volume control tool for fluxbox
- From: hugo vanwoerkom <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 10:02:56 -0500
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Liam O'Toole wrote:
On 2010-10-01, T o n g <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I do almost everything on command line. Maybe the only GUI tool I need is
the sound volume control tool, but I don't have it any more -- I used to
use tkmixer. Now that it's obsoleted, I'm yet to find a GUI sound mixer
plain and simple enough for me.
You don't even need a GUI tool: a console application like alsamixer
(from the alsa-utils package) will do the job.
That's true but what gets me with alsamixer is remembering the keys for
left and right up and down.
<open the diary> <search for the page with the keys>
QWE = up
ZXC = down.
I don't have to remember with a GUI like with gnome. What's their volume