Re: A simple GUI volume control tool for fluxbox

Liam O'Toole wrote:
On 2010-10-01, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
I do almost everything on command line. Maybe the only GUI tool I need is the sound volume control tool, but I don't have it any more -- I used to use tkmixer. Now that it's obsoleted, I'm yet to find a GUI sound mixer plain and simple enough for me.

You don't even need a GUI tool: a console application like alsamixer
(from the alsa-utils package) will do the job.

That's true but what gets me with alsamixer is remembering the keys for left and right up and down.
<open the diary> <search for the page with the keys>
QWE = up
ZXC = down.
I don't have to remember with a GUI like with gnome. What's their volume control?

Hugo