Re: Problem with eSATA Port Multiplier

Ron Johnson put forth on 9/30/2010 7:16 PM:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a no-name PMP that I want to connect to the eSata port on my mobo.
>
> Attached are the output from "lspci -vvv" (It's a SiL 3132 chip and the
> sata_sil24 driver is loaded) and /var/log/syslog.
>
> I'm running a stock kernel:
>   $ uname -r
>   2.6.32-5-amd64
>
> The actual h/w is "different" in that you "push" the hdd into the
> enclosure and it's held in via a leaf spring.  Thus, I wonder if the PMP
> isn't firmly connecting with the hdd.
>
> (Yes, I've Googled, but to no avail.)

Hay Ron,

Can you post dmesg output please.  Also, have you confirmed all cables
are firmly engaged?  Have you tried more than one eSATA cable?

Can you please post every bit of information you can find WRT the PMP
device and the drive enclosure?  Are they on in the same?  If you have
pictures of the devices that would be very helpful, so I can get an idea
of what plugs into what, and where, and how.

--
Stan