Re: usefulness of kernel option: RAID-4/RAID-5/RAID-6 Multicore processing

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:05:46PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, lee wrote:
> > how useful is enabling
> >
> >    RAID-4/RAID-5/RAID-6 Multicore processing
> >
> > in the kernel configuration?
>
> It does get faster.  But is it the bottleneck in your system?  Do you
> have a slow CPU, or extremely fast backing storage for it to matter?

I don't know if it would matter, but when things get faster with it
enabled, it seems to be a good thing.

> > Has anyone enabled it and does it work? Is it working stable enough to
> > turn it on?
>
> Does it look like it is "clearly stable enough", and therefore widely
> used, if you had to ask about it here in the first place?

Why are you asking this rather than giving a meaningful answer? What's
your experience with this option? Do you really think nobody (except
kernel developers maybe) has enabled kernel options that are
"experimental"?