Re: How can I get rid of en_US in Iceweasel?

On 9/29/2010 7:28 AM, Michael Tsang wrote:
I use the followings:

LANG=en_HK.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_HK.UTF-8:en_GB.UTF-8

I have *no* en_US.UTF-8 locales installed but Iceweasel always falls back to
en_US. It's so frustrating. How can I completely prevent Iceweasel from using
the en_US UI? I have zh_TW UI and en_GB UI installed. I want Iceweasel to use
the en_GB UI instead of the en_US UI,

Did you look under about:config?

Type about:config into the address bar.  I spotted

preference: "general.useragent.locale"
status: "default"
type: "string"
value: "en-US"

in my version.

Double click on a preference line to edit the value.

You may have to install the specific Iceweasel locale package for your locale.