Re: loose access control that works for dynamic IP address

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 16:29, Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:
On 2010年09月27日 18:25, Jochen Schulz wrote:
> It would help to know what software "runs the website". Are we talking
> about Apache2?

No. In fact I wanted to abstract the software running on there for a
reason: there is a http server (not apache2, but bozohttpd because I am
developing a modified version of it for special purpose), a nfsv4 mount
daemon, plus an ssh server. The last one doesn't have to be secured this
much for obvious reasons.

And VPN is not a good candidate because it cannot stand the crazy
network in Beijing where tcp connection drops after a while no matter
what. On the other hand, both http and nfs handle connection drop rather
easily (they simply re-connect).