Re: root can't sudo

Am 28.09.2010 02:16, schrieb Tom H:
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 7:53 PM, T o n g<mlist4suntong@yahoo.com>  wrote:

I had no problem invoking my scripts embedded with sudo as root before,
but not now in my new installation:

root@coral:~# echo abc | sudo tee /tmp/t
sudo: can't open /etc/sudoers: Permission denied
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting

root@coral:~# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

root@coral:~# ls -l /etc/sudoers
-r--r----- 1 root root 2354 2010-09-17 09:34 /etc/sudoers

root@coral:~# head -1 /etc/sudoers
# sudoers file.

What could be wrong?

grep root /etc/sudoers

Why should one use "sudo" in addition to being root and thus having all rights? I would understand if you add your own user to the sudoers file...but this way... Can you tell me the sense behind it? I mean i am really interested in, because maybe there is something new i can learn about "sudo".