Re: Upgrade SVN in Debian Lenny

On 09/27/2010 08:07 PM, Tech Geek wrote:
I am using Debian Lenny (amd64). I need to upgrade the current version
of Subversion (1.5.1) on my Lenny system to something more recent,
say 1.6. I noticed that Debian backport does not have the 1.6 version
but Debian testing (squeeze) has 1.6 which is what I am looking for.
What is the best way to upgrade just the subversion package in this case?
My sources.list file has just the following:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free
Please advice.

Backports seems to have the same version as testing (1.6.12):
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=subversion&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all&sourceid=mozilla-search

Sam