[conclusion] root can't sudo

My bad.

The failed environment is a linux-live environment that I built myself.
When mirroring it to HD, everything works fine. So it's actually the live
environment's problem, not sudo's.

Thanks again for your comprehensive tips, which I'll garter bellow in
case someone else need to troubleshoot:

- Make sure the 'root ALL=(ALL) ALL' line is in /etc/sudoers

% grep ^root /etc/sudoers
root ALL=(ALL) ALL

- should not have the "!root_sudo" option set

$ sudo cat /etc/sudoers | grep root_sudo || echo no
no

Also check,

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 22:44:07 -0400, Tom H wrote:

> Do you have an "/etc/pam.d/sudo" file? Can another user use sudo? Any
> hint about the reason for the failure in "/var/log/auth.log"?

Thanks again.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/