Re: problem to install DEBIAN on an new notebook Satellite L505

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:19:24 +0000, Herbert Guimarães Borges Ribeiro
wrote:

(...)

> the instalation start normal by CD-ROM but after informed language and
> keyboard information... the instalation inform that my Hardware CD-ROM
> was not dectected... please, i need same help.

Maybe you can tweak some BIOS setting for SATA ports and put them at IDE-
legacy or some kind of similar setting (SATA-legacy mode or even AHCI -
the preferred one-) to bypass this.

Do not forget to restore these settings after lenny installation. Most
probably windows will have problems for booting up. But if you are going
to remove windows completely, ACHI would be my option for setting SATA
ports :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón