RE: Squeeze. nVidia video. How to change brightness with functional (Fn) keys?

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:49:47 +0400 <mark.goldshtein@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, list!
>
> Lenovo Y450-3M laptop with:
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT216 [GeForce
> GT 240M] (rev a2)
> Subsystem: Lenovo Device 38fd
> Kernel driver in use: nvidia
>
> Would you, please, to explain how to configure a system or edit
> configuration files in order to bring laptop brightness funktional
> keys (Fn+key) to thier normal work? It is impossible to adjust
> brightness pressing Fn+UpArrow and Fn+DownArrow keys. The symbol of
> brightness is displaying well, but no adjust actually happen.
>
> Googling left me unsure about what I have to do to correct this issue.
> There are mostly comments from Ubuntu users. I know Ubuntu is Debian
> based but need to be understanding what I am doing with my system. If
> you have a little time, please, help.
>
> Thanks in advance!

On my Lenovo laptop with NVIDIA video, I find Fn+home and Fn+End work to control the LCD brightness on a stock installation of Squeeze so maybe you could give that a try?

I am running the GNOME DE. To save power while on battery, you may wish to install the laptop-mode-tools package as well.

-M