Re: video card reccomendation

Dne, 26. 09. 2010 16:46:38 je Enrico Weigelt napisal(a):
* Rick Pasotto <rick@niof.net> schrieb:
> I need to get an agp video card so take the video load off the regular
> bus. Also my new monitor has 1600x900 resolution and the openchrome
> driver doesn't recognize that resolution. I don't play games, so it's
> mostly for text, web, and an occasional video file.

Don't buy Nvidia. They're totally reluctant against OSS, and their
binary-only drivers are simply crap (dont want to flame on their
bad coding practises here ;-o).

Those companies IMHO don't deserve a single penny.

+1

I'd add the same for ATI.

Perhaps Intel is the less Linux-hostile manufacturer at the moment. We really should stop buying into any unsupported crap. It's the only (and marginal at that) power we as consumers can exert.

Just my 2¢.

--
Regards,

Klistvud