Re: Slow sendmail start up

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 14:17:11 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> There is an extremely long delay when sendmail first start up, right
>> when:
>>
>>  Starting Mail Transport Agent (MTA): sendmail
>>
>> The googled answer that I get is to put in startic IP, or use full host
>> name, but this is a live system. Is there any other way to solve it?
>
> (...)
>
> It seems to be a common issue (meaning: I also experience that delay
> with Exim).
>
> Check if that helps . . .

Thanks a lot Camaleón, you really know how to search. :-)

On the not so light side of the issue, no, playing with the "/etc/
resolv.conf" setup didn't work for me. This is a live system, and I get
IP from pump, which in turn tampers my well prepared /etc/resolv.conf
file before MTA get started.

Well, at least I have a solution -- reverting to full host name in /etc/
hosts & /etc/hostname, the ugliest solution, but the best I get so far...

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/