Re: Slow sendmail start up

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 03:54:55 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> There is an extremely long delay when sendmail first start up, right
> when:
>
>  Starting Mail Transport Agent (MTA): sendmail
>
> The googled answer that I get is to put in startic IP, or use full host
> name, but this is a live system. Is there any other way to solve it?

(...)

It seems to be a common issue (meaning: I also experience that delay with
Exim).

Check if that helps:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/blog/bittner-195120/howto-fix-long-boot-delay-with-starting-mta-common-issue-2882/

Especially, the "/etc/resolv.conf" setup may be useful.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón