Re: lilo config is busted, need help fixing it

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:01:36 -0400 (EDT)
Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:

> >> I also don't see any zz-lilo hook scripts, which the latest version
> >> of lilo would have installed.  Reinstall the latest version of
> >> lilo. This should also install a file
> >> in /etc/initramfs/post-update.d called lilo or runlilo, depending
> >> on which version of lilo you are running. Then remove
> >> S50symlink_hook and K50symlink_hook.  Finally, install the two
> >> zy-symlinks hook scripts available on my web site, one
> >> for /etc/kernel/postinst.d and one for /etc/kernel/postrm.d.  Then
> >> make sure that ...
> >
> > Yes the zz scripts are there now.
>
> Good.  Don't forget the zy-symlinks hook scripts and to delete the
> other ones and to install the latest initramfs-tools package, and
> to make sure that

done.

>    do_symlinks = no
>
> is set in /etc/kernel-img.conf.

ok.

and..... IT WORKS !

Talking to you from a freshly booted machine :-)

First time it's booted properly in quite sometime.

I'm not really clear on what exactly fixed things, although those
missing initrd lines were probably key.

Thank you very much for your help !  I _really_ appreciate it.

Now that it's working I can go back to try and create a custom
kernel :-)

 Brian