Re: video card reccomendation

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 23:51:20 -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:

> I need to get an agp video card so take the video load off the regular
> bus. Also my new monitor has 1600x900 resolution and the openchrome
> driver doesn't recognize that resolution. I don't play games, so it's
> mostly for text, web, and an occasional video file.

Tell us a bit more about the current VGA chipset in use. Maybe getting
the high resolution is just a matter of tweaking the xorg configuration
file properly.

> What would be the least expensive card for my needs?

I would expect any semi-modern AGP card (ati, nvidia or matrox) could
handle that resolution. Just choose one you like and put the name here to
get further advice :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón