Re: ERROR: Firmware file "b43/ucode5.fw" not found

Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2010-09-24 19:39 +0200, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Thanks, Sven, installing *firmware-b43-installer* does the trick,
because the wireless light on the laptop lights and 'wlist wlan0 scan'
produces results. But why would wicd-gtk still show 'no wireless
networks found'?

Don't know, it worked for me when I last tried.  Are you a member of the
netdev group?  Note that wicd has severe problems with hidden SSID¹.

Sven

¹ http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=565483

But wicd works on this laptop in the lenny partition, just not in the sid partition. What I don't get is that 'iwlist wlan0 scan' lists the wireless stations found and wicd which uses iwlist can't find them.
I am a member of netdev.

Hugo