Re: gdm3 exclude certain usernames

On 23/09/10 16:17, Camaleón wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 17:33:41 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> On 22/09/10 17:04, Camaleón wrote:
>
>>> That remebembers me... there used to be a GUI app to handle that (in
>>> gdm 2.x) that one could launch with "gksu /usr/sbin/gdmsetup" but the
>>> same app under gdm3 lacks for many of its features (in fact, it's
>>> pretty minimal).
>>>

>> Which remembers me -  When I was doing a bit of a search last night I
>> came across comments to the effect that gdm-setup(?) functionality
>> "will" become part of the new Gnome shell.

Accessible/configurable from is what I should have written....

> Ugh... that would be an ugly approach ;-(
>
> Can you expand that information?
>
> Greetings,

Not really, what I vaguely recall is that system configurations will
become(/be set from) an extension in gnome shell, gdm included. I
assumed that to mean that the daemon.conf would become
configurable/accessible through the shell.

Came across the following in an attempt to track down where I read that.
Don't know if this is relevant:-
> The old GDM allowed sysadmins or distros to configure this in the GDM
> daemon configuration.  Perhaps it makes sense to add this configuration
> option back so distros can set it as needed in their default
> configuration file.
Quoted from :-
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gdm-list/2010-July/msg00015.html
Scroll down for the reference to Bug #587750

Cheers