Re: Restarting Networking in Debian

On 09/22/2010 03:15 PM, Wayne Topa wrote:
On 09/22/2010 03:25 PM, Kent West wrote:
On 09/22/2010 01:47 PM, Wayne Topa wrote:
I assume you are running lenny. I don't know if it, sysv-rc, is the
same as in testing/Sid. Do have svsv-re Version 288dsf-12?

In /etc/apt/sources.list I have unstable, testing, stable respositories,
in that order. I just a while ago did an aptitude update/dist-upgrade.

Version: 2.86.ds1-61

What you have in /etc/apt/sources.list does not mean you are running all of them! What does 'less /etc/debian_version' return? That will tell you which version your running.

westk@westek:~$ cat /etc/debian_version
squeeze/sid

Are you new to this list?

No.

We had a Kent West here for the last 5-6 years so I assumed that's how you were.

Yep. That's me.

The reason I ask is that he would know that we do not reply to the sender of messages, we reply to the list! That way everyone gets to see how to fix problems. Please remember that in the future.

I am sending this back to the list.

Sorry; apparently "Reply to list" in Icedove 3.0.8 actually means "reply to sender", and I didn't catch that until just now.

I'm having to manually change the addressee from Wayne Topa <linuxtwo@gmail.com> to debian-user@lists.debian.org if I use the "Reply to List" or "Reply to All" option (the latter of which only puts your address and not the list's). I'm assuming that's a bug in this version of Iceweasel.

--
Kent West<*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com