Re: Re (2): WMP and Flash in Squeeze

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:45:24 -0700
peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:

> debian-multimedia-keyring appears to work OK.
>
> From:	Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com>
> Date:	Tue, 21 Sep 2010 03:24:33 +1000
> > add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list
> > *deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org squeeze main non-free*
>
> The "*"s are for emphasis?  Never seen them in the syntax.

They are not part of the syntax

> > apt-get install w32codecs flashplugin-nonfree
>
> w32codecs appeared to install OK.  In aptitude,
> flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound is visible but not
> flashplugin-nonfree.
>
> According to http://packages.debian.org/ ,
> flashplugin-nonfree is in lenny-backports and in sid; not in Squeeze.
> I don't see how to install it from lenny-backports and I'm reluctant
> to jump to sid.

install flashplayer-mozilla [1] or if you use 64bit linux and don’t want
nsplugins being iffy, download the following .so [2] and shove it
into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

Both work fine, though the 64bit preview works better for me, ymmv.

> Thanks,                  ... Peter E.

Good luck.

[1]
http://debian-multimedia.org/dists/testing/non-free/binary-amd64/package/flashplayer-mozilla.php
[2] http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97