Re: WMP and Flash in Squeeze

On 21/09/10 03:11, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 09:32:48 -0700, peasthope wrote:

The first FAQ on this page has viewers to test WMP and Flash.
  http://www.learner.org/faq/faq_broadband.html

Can both of these work in Squeeze?
Yep.

Which packages are necessary?
For WMP, I guess any modern media player (Totem, Xine, Videolan, Kplayer,
Mplayer...) and for Flash: flash player :-), from Debian multimedia repo
or directly from Adobe.

You may require additional codecs to play some WMP files, though.

Greetings,

from multimedia.org you will need w32codecs
$wget -t 0 http://www.debian-multimedia.org/pool/main/d/debian-multimedia-keyring/debian-multimedia-keyring_2008.10.16_all.deb
#dpkg -i debian-multimedia-keyring_2008.10.16_all.deb
then add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org squeeze main non-free
run
apt-get update
apt-get install w32codecs flashplugin-nonfree
all you need is to choose a media player and away you go!

Cheers

--
*In case you never receive this mail, please notify me immediately*