Re: ps - Illegal Instruction

On 9/19/2010 7:15 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
This is a new install of Lenny on Windows 7 Virtual PC.  I basically
took the defaults, with a couple of changes to get it to install and get
gnome's display correct.

I still have several problems, which may be related. The easiest one to
find is an "Illegal Instruction" when I run a simple ps command. This
occurs whether I run as a user or root.

I've done a lot of looking, but don't seem to find anything similar.
Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm still pretty much a noob on Linux, so please be gentle :)

Your problem is probably Virtual PC. Try Virtualbox (free) or VMware server (free) or VMware Desktop (paid and kind of expensive but much more usable for newbies than server).

I have some Virtualbox installations, and Debian---both 32-bit and 64-bit---runs great on it.