Re: Printing Long Edge (Standard) with HP DeskJet 990C - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.0.2 does not work

Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 21:20:39 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>

>> Amongst two printers, I've got an Hp Deskjet 990Cxi, and I use
>> `CUPS+Gutenprint v5.0.2' as a driver for this printer. I would like to
>> print both sides, e.g. using long edge mode (standard). The problem is
>> that this seems not to be communicated to the printer, despite of the
>> invokated command:
>>
>> ==
>> lpr -P Deskjet -o Resolution=300dpi -o PageSize=Letter -o Duplex=DuplexNoTumble
>> ==
>>

> The command above lacks the file/document to print? :-?

Well, this is what Adobe indicates me as the sent command. I assume it
appends the name of the stuff to print!
>> where `Deskjet' is the name of the printer for CUPS.
>>
>> Any idea?
>>

> You can first check that duplex printing is an available option for your
> driver:
>
> ***
> lpoptions -p printername -l | grep -i duplex
> ***

==

# lpoptions -p printername -l | grep -i duplex

Duplex/2-Sided Printing: *None DuplexNoTumble DuplexTumble
==
> If it is listed there and you get no output when calling "lpr", take a
> look into CUPS logs (/var/log/cups/*), maybe there is any error there
Calling `lpr' gives simply nothing, but a blinking cursor. I checked log
files, but there seems to be nothing indicated, be it in error_log*,
page_log*, access_log*.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.