Re: Iceweasel blackout??

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 13:18:47 -0500, John W Foster wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 15:12 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> > If by 'empty profile' you mean that I should clear the .iceweasel
>> > file & start over...No. I can do that & will , however I see others
>> > are also having some issues related to plugins & flash players & I
>> > suspect some of my issues are also related to that. I will try this &
>> > post the response.
>>
>> You can just "rename" your current profile, so you do not lose your
>> settings. Rename it and start Icewasel, it will auto-create and empty
>> one.
>>

> odd but there was no .iceweasel only .mozilla...

Yes, "~/.mozilla" is where the user profile and files are located.
Renaming that folder should be enough to get a clean environment (no user
plugins, no settings... just the defaults).

> I decided to take the nuclear approach & dekleted all
> of the browsers expect Ephiphany & all the directories I.E a clean new
> install. Guess what the same problem is still there in iceweasel only!
> NO plugins & no extensions just iceweasel & mozplugger. Any other
> ideas??

Wow. Did you purge the package after removing it?

Anyway, you can try to launch the browser from command line to check for
any errors you may get :-?

Another test (if you are using 32 bits OS) could be downloading Firefox
directly form Mozilla site and run the upstream version (no installation
needed, just click and run).

Does Epiphany experiment the same behaviour? I don't remember if you
already say so...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón