Re: How to use -dbg packages (and specifically libncurses5-dbg) ?

Le 15/09/2010 14:56, Frédéric Boiteux a écrit :
> Le 15/09/2010 14:52, Sven Joachim a écrit :
>
>> You have to use it before you start your program, e.g.
>>
>> $ env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/debug gdb ecran
>>
>> Specifying it at link time would also be possible, e.g. by linking with
>> "-rpath=/usr/lib/debug", but don't do this for binaries that you give to
>> others.
>>
>> Sven
>>

>   Thanks Sven for your explanations, I'll try to recompile my program
> with LD_LIBRARY_PATH as you stated, and try to reproduce my crash to get
> a usable core :-)
>
>    Fred.

For your information, I did not have to recompile (LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
useless there), but to
run my program with the env. variable :

env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/debug ecran

And then, when I got a core, I could have the curses debugging symbols :-)

    Thanks,
        Fred.