Re: My lenny picks the wrong resolution whereas squeeze is right

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:49:24 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> My lenny picks a smaller resolution than my monitor can handle. Almost
> like http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/376362, but my
> case is different.

(...)

> Any way for me to have my lenny to use the right resolution? It's
> damaging my monitor.

It seems lenny cannot recognize the vga model ("Unknown NVIDIA
chipset") :-?

Well, you can try with "cvt" tool to get the correct "Modeline" and then
add it to your "xorg.conf". Restart and check if it got the right
resolution.

I.e., for a 1280x1024@60Hz display, you can type:

***
cvt 1280 1024 60
***

Or you can do the same "on the fly" with "xrandr".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón