Re: Debian VServer in Germany

Johannes Graumann put forth on 9/13/2010 3:44 PM:
> I'm
> looking for a provider that allows that while providing a backup mailserver,
> so no mail gets lost if my own vserver goes down for a bit ...

You don't need a backup MX.  IIRC, the default retry interval for every
*nix MTA in default configuration is _3-5 days_.  Do you foresee your
server being down more than 3-5 days at a time?  If not, you don't need
a backup MX.

I've been running a home vanity domain MX box for 8 years and never lost
a mail through two moves, one within the city lasting 8 hours, the other
between cities lasting almost 2 days.

--
Stan