Re: Occasional random cursor movement while typing

Claudius Hubig wrote:
"Elmer E. Dow" <elmeredow@att.net> wrote:

How can I diagnose this?

Most important: Which text editor are you using? Does it also harppen
in, say, nano (a terminal program) or in a web browser when entering
text in a form field?

Best regards,

Claudius Hubig

It happens in OpenOffice Writer and Calc, IceDove, FaceBook messages and posting, Nano, Vi and probably some other programs that I'm forgetting to list. It happens when in a te(just happened here when I typed "r")rminal emulator, but I'm not sure if it happens when typing in a terminal (alt-F1 to alt-F6). It appears to happen when I type an "r" more often than some other letters. It happened when I was running KDE and it's still happening now that I use IceWM and FluxBox.

Thanks for your interest and help in finding the problem.
*1
I just tried to sign off with my name and it kept skipping arou*nd when I typed "r" and also would er(jumped to the asterisk marker position above)ase a few let(jumped to *1 position above) ase a few letters before like a backspace.

Any ideas? It seems to be getting worse.

Elmer E. Dow