Re: Package Name Confusion

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 03:39:36 -0400 (EDT), Prakhar Gaur wrote:
> Jimmy Johnson wrote:
>> Yes Prakhar, please tell us what you're wanting to do?
>> My guess is you are wanting to build a kernel?
>
> I am trying to use a tutorial at Linux.com to build a Kernel Module.
> http://www.linux.com/learn/linux-career-center/23685-the-kernel-newbie-corner-your-first-loadable-kernel-module
>
> The author mentions some development packages are needed, I got two of them "build-essentials" and "module-init-tools".
> He mentions another package called as "kernel-devel" in Fedora. I wanted to know what is the similar package in Debian?
>
> If this succeeds then there are more tutorials on building a Kernel, will move onto them.

What you are trying to do is write a computer program which functions as a
Linux kernel module and package it as such for Debian GNU/Linux.  This forum
is a forum for end users, not for creators and maintainers of Debian kernel
module packages.  You are posting your question to the wrong forum.  I
suggest that you post your question to debian-mentors@lists.debian.org.
The topic for debian-mentors is "Helping newbie developers".  The topic
for debian-user is "Help and discussion among users of Debian".
You're on the wrong forum!

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :