Re: How to get rid of the websites' ads/flash ads, without loosing their (flash) content?

Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 08:26:46PM +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There are sometimes some websites (such as news ones) which make an
>> extensive use of flash stuff. Amongst the animations, flash is sometimes
>> also used for ads, etc., and I don't like this. Are there any Iceweasel
>> tools which can detect these ads, or use a public DB to avoid displaying
>> these ads? Or is there any related solution?
>>

> Flashblock.

Thanks both. Well, I just tried AdBlock, and I got

==
Adblock Plus 1.2.2 could not be installed because it is not compatible
with Iceweasel 3.0.6
==

I'm running stable, and that's the problem (the min. version for Adblock
is Firefox 3.0.12). I'll try Flashblock, despite its pessimistic
approach (which pleases me).

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.