Re: where did my ata drives go?

On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 22:58:30 -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:

> Last weekend I did a bunch of updates (to testing) and rebooted after
> almost six months.
>
> Somewhere in that process the ata drive got UUIDs assigned to the
> partitions and /etc/fstab was modified.
>
> Now they won't mount.

(...)

What is the content of your "/etc/fstab" file?
→ cat /etc/fstab

What are the ID/UUID/LABEL of the partitions?
→ ls -l /dev/disk/*

And what error are you getting when performing a manual mount of the
devices? (*careful* with mount point "/mnt", adjust it to your needs)
→ mount /dev/sdc5 /mnt

Greetings,

--
Camaleón