Re: alternatives to xnetload

On 9/8/2010 11:01 PM, T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using xnetload since I started to use Linux, almost 10 years
> ago. Now that it is obsolete, what are other recommended alternatives?
>
> thanks

Conky and GKrellM both do a nice job. I personally use a Conky
configuration where I have what works to this effect:

${if_up eth0}
eth0: up, addr $alignr ${addr eth0}
Up ${alignr} Down
${upspeed eth0}${alignr}${downspeed eth0}
${upspeedgraph, 20,100 eth0}${alignr}${downspeedgraph 20,100 eth0}
${else}
eth0: down
${endif}

See http://i.imgur.com/u3bKA.png for a recent screenshot of my desktop,
conky living in the upper right hand corner.

GKRellM is a bit different, and has a much more graphical look to it.

--

Morgan Gangwere