Re: Dumping terminal contents to a file

2010/9/8 Alois Mahdal <Alois.Mahdal@zxcvb.cz>:
> I wonder if there's  a simple  and universal way  to dump output
> of terminal to a file, particularly for demonstration purposes.

You might be interested in "script", it's part of the bsdutils package
which is probably already installed on your system.

DESCRIPTION

     Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal.	It is
     useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session
     as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out
     later with lpr(1).