Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

Really?  I was playing StarCraft II earlier tonight.  Wine is quite adept at
many games now.

I wouldn't consider myself a PC gamer, but I did build this system with 2x
7800 GTX, overclocked, in SLI mode back in 2005.  I simply don't buy games
that wine won't run, or I buy them for my Wii, XBoX 360, or PS3.

I would upgrade the video card(s), but I'm waiting for (a) the radeonhd driver
and kernel to perform better than my non-free nvidia stuff and (b) a tiny bit
more flexibility cash flow.

I figure if I can get good performance out of the radeonhd stuff, why use non-
Free Software?  I also figure that if I buy a card and can't get radeonhd to
perform well with the rest of my system, moving to proprietary ATI/AMD stuff
is "just" a step sideways from the NVidia stuff, and ATI/AMD is being the
better citizen in the Free Software arena.
Games are getting better on Linux I will agree, but I honestly do not want to have to compromise in any of that area or have to mess around. I want the latest games to run out the box on the highest settings my computer will run them at. I won't buy a console as my PC is far superior and I am not bothered enough to have your rule on if it doesn't work on Wine I wont buy it. I keep windows for the gaming and I see it staying that way for quite a while. I get the same impression from a lot of other people when I used to go to LANS (multiplay UK lans etc).

I'd like to be more bothered about the free software bit when it comes to games and graphics cards, but really I'm not. I want best graphics and performance for the latest games. But it's all horses for courses at the end of the day :)