Re: Straw poll: What browser do you use?

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 16:16, B. Alexander <storm16@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just wondering, since firefox/iceweasel seems to be getting unusable. I
> have a 2.2GHz C2D box with an nvidia card at home, and a 3.0GHz C2D with a
> (lame) ATI card at work. I find that firefox (or xulrunner-stub) have memory
> leaks, and after a couple of days, it eats up a significant amount (10-30%)
> of memory. The work box has 3GB and the home box has 4GB. It also eats up a
> significant amount of CPU.
>
> This morning, after idling all weekend, iceweasel on my work system was
> chewing up between 70 and 100% of my cpus, and scrolling pages were
> hesitating for several seconds.
>
> So what do others use?
> --b

I'm still on Firefox due to the terrific Tree Style Tabs extension:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5890/

That said, I dislike Firefox. I'll be on Opera or Chrome as soon as
one of them gets this feature (or a third party makes it available, as
in Firefox.).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il