Prohibit apt caching

Is there any way to completely prevent apt(itude) from caching
downloaded package files? I'm working on a system with 512MB of disk
space, so the 60-100MB of cache files is a huge chunk out of this.

I know about the "clean" command, but I don't want to have to do it
manually every time. I know that there's a cron job that can be
configured with a cache size of zero, but I want the cached packages
removed as soon as they are installed, not a day later.

Is this possible to configure?

(Please CC me on replies.)

Cheers,
- Jason