Re: Latest Lenny update: What new hardware is supported?

On Monday 06 September 2010 19:46:00 twixt@cstone.net wrote:
> I'm specifically interested in whether the Verizon USB 760 broadband
> wireless modem is now supported, but in general, when the kernel image is
> upgraded, where can I find a list of the new hardware inclusions without
> asking anyone to lead me by the hand?

  FYI, this device is supported in the backported 2.6.32 kernel.
I run this on a ThinkPad of mine, for exactly this reason.

  Note that you will probably still have to *activate* the USB thing
(i.e. bind it to a phone number) on a commercial OS, but you
can *use* it in Linux.

  At least, that was my experience with the Virgin "Broadband2Go"
service using the same device.

					-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac@bellatlantic.net