Re: Latest Lenny update: What new hardware is supported?

On Lu, 06 sep 10, 19:46:00, twixt@cstone.net wrote:

> I'm specifically interested in whether the Verizon USB 760 broadband
> wireless modem is now supported, but in general, when the kernel image is
> upgraded, where can I find a list of the new hardware inclusions without
> asking anyone to lead me by the hand?

Have a look at the changelog [1], but don't expect too much, the stable
kernel doesn't usually get additional hardware support.

[1] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/linux-2.6_2.6.26-25/changelog

If this is an existing system you can try the kernel from backports
(currently 2.6.32 vs. 2.6.26 in stable). If the unsupported piece of
hardware is essential for installing you can use the kmuto installer,
which is a modified installer with a newer kernel (also from
backports?).

Regards,
Andrei