Re: No ALSA on 2.6.32-5

On Sunday 05 September 2010 22:57:22 debian-user-digest-
request@lists.debian.org wrote:
> > ALSA sound is not working after booting stock linux-image 2.6.32-5 (i386
> > from
>
> Do you get any errors from sound playing software or just no output. Did
> you try some console players (like asound or speaker-test)
>
> > Sid). Get error like the following trying to manually modprobe any of
>
> > the drivers:
> This should not be necessary
>
> [snip out of context errors]
>

> > Fix?
>
> Would you mind sharing with us the type of sound card installed in that
> system? lspci at least ;)
>
> Output of 'cat /proc/asound/cards' would also be nice.

There is an ens1371, the MBs intel sound, and an mpu401 device.
There is NO /proc/asound/cards

That is the whole point.

In the past, I had compiled one of the snd_seq modules into the kernel to
solve this. Using a stock Debian kernel and initrd, I hae no ALSA. Nada.