Re: Backing up email to a CD

If the tool you are looking for is to do a mirror of all the mails from IMAP erver to your local disk, then, toy can look at this

http://freshmeat.net/projects/imapsync/

This will create a copy of the complete mails in all your folders in the imap server to your disk so that you can later copy them into a DVD with the burner of your choice (i particularly like mkisofs and growisofs/cdrecord appropriately)

In case it is pop, then it is easy. Use the mail folders present in the
client machine which will contain all the mails.