Re: Backing up email to a CD

On Sat Sep 04, 2010 at 18:34:28 +0200, James Stuckey wrote:
>    Hi, I asked a question a week or so ago about backing up e-mail. What I
>    meant was that I wanted to back it up to a CD. The responses I got talked
>    about backing it up to an IMAP server. Does anyone know how to back it up
>    to a CD?

  You need to:

    a.  Get your mail to the same machine as your CD-Writer.

    b.  Use a CD-writer to write the mail to CD-ROM/DVD.

  Since you give little details of how you access your mail people
 cannot be more specific..

  Chances are you use IMAP, or some similar means to access your
 mail.  If that is the case you can look at using "imapsync" or
 similar to archive your mail  to your local machine - which is step
 a listed above.

  Otherwise you'll have to be more specific.  Remember when asking
 for help the more details that you post the more likely people will
 be able to help you..

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration